Monocrystalline solar panels
Photovoltaic cells made of mono-crystalline silicon (mono-Si) is very easy to distinguish in appearance and uniformity of the color appearance identical, indicating that the source has a single crystal grain.
Single crystal photovoltaic elements made of cylindrical silicon ingot. To optimize performance and reduce the cost of each single crystal photovoltaic element, the four sides of the cylindrical ingot are cut to obtain a silicon disc.
It is he who gives a monocrystalline solar panel it a distinctive appearance.
The surest way to distinguish between mono- and polycrystalline solar panels: polycrystalline solar cells look exactly rectangular without rounded edges. Single-crystal elements – it psevdokvadraty.
- Monocrystalline solar panels offer the best characteristics due to the fact that they are made of high-grade silicon. Percent performance monocrystalline solar panels is typically 17 – 22%.
- Monocrystalline panels are compact. They not only provide the highest output, but it also requires less space compared with any other types of panels. Monocrystalline solar panels generate up to four times more energy than, for example, thin-film. About them we will tell on.
- Monocrystalline solar panels have the greatest life. Most manufacturers give them a 25-year warranty.
- Monocrystalline solar panels are the most expensive. From a financial perspective, the solar panel, which is made of polycrystalline silicon (and in some cases of thin films) may be the best option for some homeowners.
- If the solar panel is partially covered by shade, dirt or snow – the whole chain will lose power. Think about installing mikroinvertorov instead of central inverters and string inverters, if you believe that there may be problems with the brightness all the same grid.Mikroinvertory will make sure that the entire solar cell does not change its characteristics due to the presence in the shadows with only one solar panel.